I’m tired today. It’s been a long week for some reason, I think because the kids had a long weekend because of a snow day last Friday, and they have another one this weekend, and I’m just tired.
I decided to do something a little fun today since I’m struggling to keep my head off the keyboard. Hopefully this will get me writing! If only I had one of these…
But since I don’t have a CREATE button on my keyboard that magically does things for me, I’m trying this!
I’m a pretty private person. I don’t like to talk about myself because, honestly, I don’t think I’m that interesting. I’m normal. I’m not anyone special, no more than the next person. So I figured there were probably a few things you didn’t know about me. I wanted to share some of them with you.
- I’ve been to 24 states in the US. One of my life goals is to visit all 50 states. I’ve only lived in two of them (South Carolina and New York), but I’ve visited 24 of them. And no, I don’t count it if I drove through but never stopped and did something there, which is why Kentucky isn’t on my list. I’ve been through it a bunch, but never *went* to Kentucky. One day. I’ll hit them all one day.
- I used to be a wedding planner. It was short-lived, but after I planned my wedding, I decided I wanted to do something like that for other couples. I enjoyed working with people, but it wasn’t an easy job, and I didn’t love it. I quit after a very short time, but it helped inspire me to write the Opposites Attract series. Who doesn’t love a wedding!
- I’m not a morning person, and even worse, I don’t drink coffee. I’m a night owl. Always have been. When I was young, my brother and sister would have to sit in front of the Christmas tree for hours before my parents would let them wake me up. Even the enticement of new toys from Santa (yes, this was that long ago) didn’t get me out of bed early. I went to afternoon kindergarten because my mom knew she’d never get me up for morning. Now, I get up at 5 am most days to get work done before my kids are up, but I don’t love it. If I drank coffee, I think it would be better, but the caffeine from one cup in the morning makes it hard for me to fall asleep at night so I gave it up years ago. I suffer through, and it isn’t always fun!
- I still use a paper calendar. I’m a visual person, so a digital calendar never worked for me. I tried, but it frustrated me that I couldn’t see everything that was going to happen. For my family, I hang a paper calendar to a file box and color code everyone’s activities so I can see at a glance who has what going on. For work, I have a desk calendar for each month and a wall calendar for the year. And yes, they’re both color-coded, too!
- I started listening to country music because of a boy! I love country music. If you’ve been here a while, you know that. I have it playing right now (I love Music Choice on my TV – no commercials!). When I was in middle school, I had a huge crush on my friend’s cousin. He liked country music and listened to it all the time. I started listening to it, too, because if he liked it, it had to be good. I found I liked it. My high school friends used to tell me their parents listened to the same music as me, but I didn’t care. I loved it. And 25 years later, it’s still the music I primarily listen to.